- 2015 Lisa Aldridge - Childhood Cancer Awareness
- 2014 Judi Worrell - Coffee Co Board of Education
- 2013 Joy W. Paulk - Williams Institutional Foods
- 2012 Sandy Sharpe - Southwire
- 2011 JoAnne Lewis - Chamber/EDA
- 2010 Dr. Virginia Carson - SGSC
- 2009 Jackie Wilson - City of Douglas
The Women in Business program promotes job skills and leadership for women at all levels in the workplace. The Chamber holds bi-annual meetings that feature various business and educational topics. The program also supports the Chamber’s annual award to honor women who have shown outstanding leadership qualities – The Jackie Wilson Women in Leadership Award.
The award is presented at the Women in Business: Think Pink event in October. Recipients must represent outstanding leadership skills in community or economic development. She (or her company) must be a member in good standing with the Chamber of Commerce. Nomination may be submitted throughout the year with a final review by the committee at least four weeks prior to presentation.
To nominate someone for the award, send details of the individual’s qualifications to the Chamber President, Andrea Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Women in Business program, contact Mesha Davis, (912) 384-1873, email@example.com.
For more information on this year's event to be held on Thursday, October 6, click here.